To prepare for your appointment:
- Try to get adequate sleep the night before
- Avoid consuming alcohol & blood-thinning medications if possible
- Avoid tanning, waxing or anything that might discolor or irritate the skin in the area that will be tattooed
- Skip the gym
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat a balanced meal
- Wear comfortable clothing that you do not mind possibly getting ink on.
- Feel free to bring snacks, meals or beverages. You are also welcome to order delivery.
- You may also want to bring headphones, music or movies.
- Payment is due at each session, so remember to bring your preferred method of payment. Pony accepts cash, credit/debit cards, paypal and Chase quick pay.
Basic Tattoo Shop Etiquette:
- Please arrive on time to your appointment. If you are running late, please email us to let us know. If you are more than 30 minutes late and do not contact us, you will be considered a no-show.
- Please do not arrive intoxicated to your appointment.
- If you would like, you may bring a friend; however, please do not bring a group of people to your appointment, and do not bring children.
- Do not leave a child or pet in your car while getting tattooed – please arrange for someone to take care of them during your appointment.
- Please be 100% sure about what you would like before booking your appointment. The artist must approve a project before booking – this means your appointment and deposit are only for the project that was discussed at the time of booking. If you have changed your mind, please do not wait until right before your appointment to let us know. Please contact us as soon as possible and we can discuss whether or not Pony is the right artist for the new project.
- Please do not try to haggle – this is generally considered rude.
- While getting tattooed, do not touch the area being tattooed. This includes applying any numbing agents. This can irritate your skin, cause infection, smear the stencil and negatively affect the tattooing process. If you would like to use a numbing agent, please ask the artist to apply their preferred brand. If you touch the area by accident, please let the artist know, do not touch anything and wash your hands immediately to avoid contamination.
- Please be respectful of shop property, artists and their clients.
- Please do not make plans for after your appointment, as your appointment may take longer than expected. For best results, do not make the artist feel rushed.
- Tipping is never required but always appreciated. If you are unsure how much to tip your artist, 15-25% is standard for a personal service.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us